Re: [selectors-api]

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:38:52 -0600
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
CC: public-webapi@w3.org

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> That would seem to be a very inefficient implementation

I didn't say it wouldn't be.   ;)

> It's not clear to me what the spec should say to resolve this issue.  Do
> you have any suggestions?

My suggestion was to allow the implementation to throw as soon as it detects any
sort of misbehavior from the NSResolver.  Anne didn't like it.  Given that the
implementation isn't allowed to do this, what _is_ it allowed to do to comply
with the "deal with broken or malicious NSResolvers" text?

-Boris