Re: Minutes, DOM3 Events telcon for 6 Feb 2008

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 12:00:48 +0100, Stewart Brodie
<stewart.brodie@antplc.com> wrote:
> I have implemented everything in DOM Level 3 events except for event
> groups.

I believe those are dropped.

> Namespaces are incredibly simple to support.

The question is whether they're worth the additional API complexity, etc.

> None of the tests I've ever tried on it have done anything, leading me to
> believe it doesn't support DOM events at all.  Does it?

Internet Explorer doesn't support it.

> TBH, I think that the whole area of Key events is a total mess.  I don't
> understand the reluctance to at least document the "keypress" event,
> which is what the vast majority of content on the web seems to rely on,
> rather
> than just keyup and keydown.  None of the HTML authors I've spoken to
> have ever heard of textInput.

I think nobody succeeded documenting it in enough detail so far.