Re: [SelectorsAPI] Thoughts on querySelectorAll

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> The issue isn't what we define ":scope" to match in general. But rather
>> that you are saying that only descendants of the "context node" are
>> allowed to match the individual parts of the selector.
>
> It seems the issue rather is using a pseudo-class here rather than some
> other syntax. I would assume John would be just as happy if the syntax
> was, say, "$self > ..." which would avoid the problem you discuss here.

It's not so much fact that it's a pseudo-class, but rather that it's a
"simple selector" (sorry dbaron, don't know the correct term) which
$self would be too. Unless we're redefining the CSS parsing rules which
would mean that we have a lot of work remaining.

/ Jonas