Re: Modal dialogs in HTML5

What would you rather prefer:
  - a native window which you (or your UA) can easily control ?
  - a shaded page with some floating content which you can't close at will
or control ?

I obviously agree with the downside of having either modal or non-modal
window begin opened from webpages, but there are alternatives, and many
can reduce user experience and anoy developers with extra layers of
libraries and/or APIs.
There's little you can do againast it :p