Re: The XDR proposal from MS

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 00:16:30 +0800, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:

> Microsoft has suggested [1] that the WebAPI group take on the XDR spec
> as a deliverable....

> We will therefore hold a survey of Working Group members, to determine
> how much support there is for this....

> The rough survey results should be available in about two weeks. Note
> that this will not be a binding vote - it is an attempt to clarify the
> general level of support and help determine the best way forward.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2008Mar/0204

So we held the survey, and in the Working Group there was no active
support and a substantial number of objections to the proposal on several
technical points. We will of course look at the ideas that led MS to
consider a completely new approach. Considering each of the issues that
the new proposal was designed to solve is a natural part of the
development of XHR 2.

But as things stand the working group will not adopt XDR as a deliverable.

cheers

Chaals (chair)