Re: [XMLHttpRequest] Comment on the example in Section 1

Subbu Allamaraju wrote:
> The difference is the xmlns declaration. The example requires an XHTML
> resource to work.

Here's a test.xml which has no XHTML or indeed any namespace usage and still
works with the test.html from my last mail:

   <!DOCTYPE root [
     <!ATTLIST root identifier ID #IMPLIED>
   ]>
   <root identifier="one"/>

This works in Gecko and Opera.  I don't have Safari on hand right this second.

> In any case, IMHO, this example is a bit more complex than necessary.

That would be a quite separate issue from the "I don't seem to recall this
working; have you tested it?" with implications of incompetence thing that you
initially raised....

-Boris