Re: [XMLHttpRequest] Comment on the example in Section 1

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:56:41 -0500
To: Subbu Allamaraju <subbu.allamaraju@gmail.com>
CC: public-webapi@w3.org

Subbu Allamaraju wrote:
> Yes, indeed. It works with the specific example you tried below (using
> XHTML), but not for generic XML, which is what the draft is using.

My test works the same way if I rename the file to "test.xml".

I'm not sure what you mean by "generic XML", especially because the example in
the draft doesn't have the document it's using but just the filename.  If you
mean that if you put some random XML that doesn't have any attributes of type ID
in the file, then getElementById won't return anything... then that seems like a
tautology.  None of the nodes have IDs in that case.

-Boris