Re: [selectors-api] Handling :link and :visited Pseudo Classes

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 01:39:07 -0700
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, public-webapi <public-webapi@w3.org>

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> As for the suggestion that all links must match one or the other, that
> would disallow e.g. reporting accurate results for all "visible" links
> but omitting any invisble link. I don't think that should be disallowed.

How so? All invisible links would match :link, all visible visited links
would match :visited, all visible unvisited links would match :link.

This would seem to make all links either match :link or :visited. Or am
I misunderstanding what you mean by "visible", that would be quite
possible as I don't understand the point of treating visible and
invisible links differently.

/ Jonas