Re: [selectors-api] NSResolver moving nodes between documents

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 10:13:55 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> Hmm.. good point. Though I still think that you basically have to
>> intentionally shoot yourself in the foot for this to happen, and so
>> it's a case that is unlikely to come up and cause interoperability
>> issues.
>
> Oh, definitely.  I'm just saying that Gecko might want to throw a
> security exception in that situation, so it would be nice if the spec
> did not prohibit that.

If I add the following paragraph to the security section, would this
adequately address this issue?

   If, at any time, the implementation detects a situation which would
   violate security policies, the implementation MAY abort and raise a
   security exception.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/