Re: [DOML3Events] ACTION-267 Proposal for event iterator

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 16:17:45 -0700
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
CC: public-webapi@w3.org

Doug Schepers wrote:

> Hi, Jonas-
>
> Jonas Sicking wrote (on 4/14/08 5:58 PM):
>>
>> Like Boris points out, there is no need to expose debugging APIs to
>> web pages. Browsers can expose those thorough internal APIs to their
>> tools.
>
> Actually, I've seen Web apps that allow creation and debugging of
> content, and I think that's a perfectly legitimate use case.  I would
> like to have this list of event listeners available.

So would the solution I provided in an earlier email provide enough of a
solution to satisfy your use case?

If you want generic debugging APIs exposed to content that would have a
*lot* of security concerns.

So my question is, how much value would such an API add, compared to the
other solutions that are available, compared to the complexity of
implementing this securely in a UA. Especially considered the total lack
of any other debugging-specific APIs in UAs.

/ Jonas