Re: [DOML3Events] ACTION-267 Proposal for event iterator

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 13:48:48 -0700
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Web API public <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: Travis Leithead <travil@windows.microsoft.com>

On Apr 9, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Travis Leithead wrote:

> In considering a design for the event iterator (allow devs to
> enumerate what events have been _added_ via addEventListener to a
> given object), I looked at too general approaches:

Before analyzing the pros and cons of specific designs, what is the
motivation for adding this functionality at all? Previously, the
working group resolved to remove the related but less powerful
hasEventListenerNS method for lack of a use case, and because there
are potential security issues.

Regards,
Maciej