RE: Feedback from the IE Team: Web API XHR Draft

From: Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:35:06 +0200
To: "'Boris Zbarsky'" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: <public-webapi@w3.org>

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> As far as I am aware, Opera, Safari, and Mozilla are all
> planning to implement
> this specification once it stabilizes.... Do you have
> evidence to the conrary?
>
> -Boris

Oh, I have no insight in this at all, which I trust you have. I was
speaking in general terms.
The mentioned browsers have more of the referred new stuff in place
already, so they are facing an addition that "isn't sexy but isn't
that much work either", so I can see it's happening. This is a
better position than IE has (which I agree have put themselves in
this situation).

As I mentioned in my previous mail, I think that large work packages
that aren't so sexy have a higher risk for getting a low priority.
I guess an example of this is the almost eight years it took for
Mozilla to implement CSS's inline-block.
(I respect that you have much better insight in this bug than me and
there are probably good reasons for the time taken, but the same
respect may be given the IE team.)

Best regards
Mike Wilson