Re: FW: Feedback from the IE Team: Web API XHR Draft

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:48:59 +1000
To: Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai@us.ibm.com>
CC: Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, "public-webapi@w3.org" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
> The idea that there is a new JavaScript class (XHR2?) or a different
> version of the XHR object seems reasonable to me.

Introducing a brand new version of XHR doesn't solve the existing
interoperability problems the current version that people actually use.
  I am opposed to introducing another new object for this problem.  IE
already has ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP") that it can use for
legacy compat while making XMLHttpRequest() conform to this spec.

Lachlan Hunt