[XHR] Handle All Status Codes

From: Martin Kail <m.kail@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:22:37 -0500
To: public-webapi@w3.org

I'm sure 1000 people have said this before me, but here it is again to
show we really want this feature.

I think the XMLHttpRequest object should handle all status codes during
a GET, POST or PUT requests.  More specifically, redirects codes (30x)
should be set and the "onreadystatechange" event should be fired.  I
don't see any problem with transparent redirects, not everyone cares if
a request gets redirected.  However, if someone checks the status code
during the onreadystatechange event and it returns a 30x value they
should be able to abort the request.