Re: [ElementTraversal] Remarks on http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/ElementTraversal/publish/ElementTraversal.html?rev=1.10

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:29:30 -0400
To: Innovimax SARL <innovimax@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org

Hi, Mohamed-

Thanks for your review and corrections.  Replies inline.

Innovimax SARL wrote (on 10/21/2007 2:58 PM):

> s/provides a attribute/provides an attribute/
> s/english/English/
>
> Why is "element" not written "Element" ? same for "text" ?

All fixed.

> Isn't "ChildrenElementsCount" better ?

No, for mysterious reasons of collective nouns, conjoined words, and
pluralization in English. ;)  (Waves hands in a hypnotic way....) Trust
a native speaker on this one.

> Anyway, please add some verbing
> to explain why this has been added to the original SVG proposal

Added a brief note in the Change Log section.  The actual explanation is
throughout the body of the specification.  In short, I prototyped the
specification in JS, did some scripting tests using past projects of my
own, and found that I needed a way to get the number of elements.  Et voila.

> Please add informative references to "DOM Level 2 Range & Traversal"
> and "DOM Level 3 Core"

Done.  Meant to do that earlier and forgot.  Thanks for the reminder.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI