Re: [Bindings] extended attribute for callback function interfaces?

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:44:39 -0700
To: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Jonas Sicking:
>> Yes, I definitely think this is needed. Current specifications use
>> English descriptions in the ECMAScript bindings to accomplish that
>> behavior to be specified, it would be much more easily detected and
>> precisely described if we could use an extended attribute for this.
>
> Are there interfaces that you specifically don’t want to be able to
> implement just with a function?

It doesn't make much sense for interfaces that aren't callback
interfaces. Also, interfaces that are expected to get more functions
added in later versions would seem bad to make implementable as a
function as the behavior would get very confusing when the later version
of the spec is implemented.

/ Jonas