Re: Window pointer

Ian Hickson wrote:
> Yes; at least according to the current HTML5 draft. The spec currently
> splits navigation from rendering, so <iframe>s (and browsing contexts in
> general) work the same mostly independent of their location.

I'm not sure we'll want to implement this in Gecko.

>> Is script allowed to run in that Window after that?
>
> According to the current spec, yes.

Nor this, possibly.  In particular, the parent window chain can affect
the security context of a window in various ways.  For example, it's
possible to disable script on a window and all its descendant windows.

What I would suggest is that a window that is not in the DOM:

   1)  Does not allow navigation.
   2)  Does not allow script execution.

Possibly some other restrictions to make sure the behavior is sane from
a security perspective....

-Boris