Re: Making XMLHTTPRequest testsuite mobile friendly?

On Mon, 28 May 2007 11:33:03 +0200, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
wrote:
> I've found a test suite that seems to be developed along with the
> specification, hosted on Opera's servers:
> http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/
>
> Is this indeed the official test suite?

I don't know.

> If so, has there been any effort
> made to make mobile-friendly? I have only looked at a few of the tests,
> but they were all using <iframe>s, which many mobile browsers don't
> support. Is there any chance that this test suite could be reformulated
> using a different markup?

The tests that are using iframes need a way to instantiate a new browsing
context (as defined by HTML5 and The Window Object 1.0). Those tests are
testing some very specific cross-document URI resolving magic. As far as I
know those are only found within the open/ directory... Definitely not all
the tests.