Re: Timeline on a cross-site spec?

On Wed, 23 May 2007 12:47:54 +0200, Info WebRPC <info@webrpc.com> wrote:
> Our site [1] tries to provide a uniform XPath-based way of accessing data
> transmitted via XHR. JSON and XML are prevalent but the lack of
> cross-site support forces people into using workarounds (JSON in script,
> etc.) which
> make things harder for us and probably everybody else also.
>
> I'm sure you're aware of this and I'm just wondering on the timing of a
> cross-site spec.

At the moment it depends on "Enabling Access for Web Resources" and a yet
to be written XMLHttpRequest 2 proposal. The former can be found here:

   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/waf/access-control/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

I hope to start with XMLHttpRequest 2 as soon as the last few issues with
XMLHttpRequest 1 are solved. At least, what I think the last few issues
are :-)