Re: [XMLHttpRequest] update from the editor

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 13:09:24 +0200
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Web APIs WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Wed, 09 May 2007 00:49:56 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Anne: was there a reason 'text/xsl' was included other than "IE does
> it"? Or is it known to actually break sites?

A Contributor from WebKit implementing XMLHttpRequest requested it to be
included for compatibility with their implementation. I didn't see any
harm in adding it. Internet Explorer does not appear to recognize this
MIME type by the way and Opera currently doesn't check MIME types at all

Anne van Kesteren