[XHR] send() "stringification mechanisms of the host language"

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:31:38 +0200
To: "public-webapi@w3.org" <public-webapi@w3.org>

In the send(data) algorithm, step 3, says:

    data is not a DOMString or Document
       The stringification mechanisms of the host language must be used on
       data and the result must be treated as if data is a DOMString.

I'm not sure what that means. For instance, if data is an Element, would
it be serialized with .outerHTML or similar? Could it be clarified, or
could an example be added, or, if the spec is fine and it's just me being
slow, be explained to me? :-)

--
Simon Pieters