Re: [XHR] Some clarifications

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 21:45:49 -0700
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "denis sureau" <scriptet@gmail.com>, public-webapi@w3.org

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:55:18 -0700, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:01:52 +0100, denis sureau <scriptet@gmail.com>
>> 1) Some sentences need to be clarified:
>>
>> "When the constructor is invoked a pointer to the Window object which
>> initially had XMLHttpRequest as an attribute of which the constructor was
>> invoked must be stored on the newly created object, called the Window
>> pointer."

This is pretty tortuous. At the very least a few commas, to clarify the parsing, would be helpful. If I understand the grammar correctly (and I am not convinced that I do), I think this could be simplified as

"When the constructor is evoked, a Window pointer must be stored on the newly created object. This is a pointer to the Window object within whose scope the constructor was invoked.

(That's still kind of involved and unpleasant, but closer to something that is parseable.)

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9.1     http://opera.com