Re: Recent spec change to XMLHttpRequest default Content-Type

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:48:11 +0200
To: Carsten Orthbandt <carsten@pixeltamer.net>
CC: public-webapi@w3.org

Carsten Orthbandt wrote:
> The currently published version at http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/
> says in section 2.1 responseXML that

"Published" in the sense of "work in progress". Don't rely on these things.

> So what do I want?
>
> - I'd like to avoid the implied header overhead of Content-Type for protocols
> that don't use XML.

You're violating a SHOULD level requirement of HTTP/1.1 then. Sorry, but
that's what you get for that :-).

> - I definately dont want to see future browsers choke on that

Actually, I'm tempted to say it would be good for the web if more UAs
would flag missing content-type headers.

Best regards, Julian