Re: XHR: responseText encoding detection

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap-carbon@rambler.ru>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 22:09:13 +0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: <public-webapi@w3.org>

* Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> [Mon, 04 Jun 2007 16:35:50
+0200]:

> On Wed, 30 May 2007 10:40:14 +0200, Alexey Proskuryakov
> <ap-carbon@rambler.ru> wrote:

> that
> worked
> >>
> >> So you're saying that for responseText you do indeed adhere to the
> >> text/html rules?
> >
> >   Yes, shipping Safari/WebKit does basically that.
>
> Does responseText stay null until you know the encoding?

  Yes, response data is not appended to it until the encoding is
determined (this is true for both shipping Safari/WebKit and nightly
builds). Looking at the code, I think that it stays null, although there
is a slight chance that it changes to an empty string in some
circumstances.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov.