Re: [XMLHttpRequest] Request for Last Call 2

On Tue, 08 May 2007 13:58:30 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 08 May 2007 13:20:21 +0200, Stewart Brodie
> <stewart.brodie@antplc.com> wrote:
>> The send() event seems to have changed considerably since the previous
>> drafts that I saw. I think that you need more explanation for the
>> bizarre readystatechange event during step 5 of the send() algorithm
>> since, as the note points out, the state hasn't changed.
>
> This is matches what implementations do.

I'm quite late to the party but as a general comment I think there is such
a thing as a quirk that no real life sites rely on, or are extremely
unlikely to rely on, in which case it would not need to become
standardised. For a corner case like this my gut feeling would be to only
add it to the spec if content was found that depended on this behaviour.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core QA JavaScript tester, Opera Software