Re: [XMLHttpRequest] Request for Last Call 2

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 16:01:23 +0200
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, "Stewart Brodie" <stewart.brodie@antplc.com>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Tue, 08 May 2007 13:58:30 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>

> On Tue, 08 May 2007 13:20:21 +0200, Stewart Brodie
> <stewart.brodie@antplc.com> wrote:
>> The send() event seems to have changed considerably since the previous
>> drafts that I saw. I think that you need more explanation for the
>> bizarre readystatechange event during step 5 of the send() algorithm
>> since, as the note points out, the state hasn't changed.
> This is matches what implementations do.

I'm quite late to the party but as a general comment I think there is such
a thing as a quirk that no real life sites rely on, or are extremely
unlikely to rely on, in which case it would not need to become
standardised. For a corner case like this my gut feeling would be to only
add it to the spec if content was found that depended on this behaviour.

Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core QA JavaScript tester, Opera Software
Opera - simply the best Internet experience