Re: [progress-events] stalled, lengthComputable, loadstart vs begin

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:10:15 +0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: "Web API WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:32:25 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:

> On Jul 25, 2007, at 6:49 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>> * HTML 5 has an event called "stalled" that is dispatched after there
>>   are three seconds of no progress at all so you do not have to
>>   create your own timer scripts.
>
> 3 seconds of no progress might not be out of the ordinary depending on
> connection speed and distance to the host. This seems pretty arbitrary.

I agree with Maciej on this one. I raised ISSUE-117 for it, but my
proposal is that we do not adopt it (and that we point out to HTML-WG that
3 seconds is very arbitrary). This would be consistent with how we dealt
with ISSUE-107...

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com    Catch up: Speed Dial   http://opera.com