Are Web Applications Still a Vague Subject ?

From: <whatwg@appxweb.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 00:33:18 +1000
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org, whatwg@lists.whatwg.org

?A language evolved from HTML4 for describing the semantics of
documents and applications on the World Wide Web. ???..?

Reading the draft specification and other related documentation a
number of fundamental questions relating to the application part of
this deliverable remain unclear to me.  So I don?t waste the groups
time and can contribute productively, can anyone point me to the
previous discussion threads or parts of the specification which gives
answers or guidance to the following questions.

1 Is there an accepted definition of ?document? and ?application??
(Depending on the answer the remainder of these questions may be
irrelevant. eg if application really means a ?form?. The last
paragraph of Section 1.1 of the spec further confuses me, which is not
difficult to do. )

2 When does a document become an application?

3 Is equal weight and priority given to addressing the requirements of
documents and applications within the HTML5 specification?

4 Is there an accepted design basis for applications i.e. an
Application Object Model (AOM)?

Kind Regards

Ian Hart