Re: DOMContentLoaded

From: Nicolas Mendoza <mendoza@pvv.ntnu.no>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 02:08:15 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, public-webapi@w3.org

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 06:25:35 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> FYI, DOMContentLoaded is now defined as part of HTML5.

I ran into a problem with DOMContentLoaded today and its lack of
definition. Basically exactly what elements it should wait for or not is
not properly defined.

Specifically, with Mozilla Firefox, CSS style attributes from external
stylesheets are applied to the DOM tree before DOMContentLoaded is fired.
In Opera it's fired when the tree is done and styles are applied later. I
was unable to figure out which one is correct according to the specs,
neither the Mozilla documentation nor the HTML5 spec.

Read more here:
http://my.opera.com/nicomen/blog/2007/07/08/domcontentloaded-gotcha-with-external-stylesheets

Test it here: http://people.opera.com/nicolasm/test/domcontentloaded.html