Re: Progress event spec

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 15:55:06 -0800
Cc: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>, Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>
To: Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>

On Jan 27, 2007, at 2:51 PM, Robert Sayre wrote:

> On 1/27/07, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:
>>
>> The arbritrariness of the value is why I do not feel it should be
>> in the
>> spec, but left to vendors.
>
> I'd be interested to hear from browser vendors that want to change or
> delete the values in Hixie's proposal.

I think Hixie's proposal is fine as-is, since the requirements are
SHOULD-level, and therefore if a UA can't meet the time range
guidelines or has some good reason not to, it won't fail to be
conformant. On the other hand, this makes them just suggestions, and
they are hard to reasonably test for, so perhaps they should just be
a non-normative hint.

Regards,
Maciej