Re: Selectors API naming

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 01:31:21 +0100
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>, João Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
Cc: "Web APIs WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Hi,

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 00:12:35 +0100, Charles McCathieNevile
<chaals@opera.com> wrote:

>> Of the two getElementListBySelector and getElementsBySelector,
>> thepeople I've spoken to seem to prefer getElementsBySelector.
>
> OK. In order to make that useful feedback, can you say how many people
> and who
> they are? With comments like this, it is hard to know if you are one of
> five
> people all saying the same thing as they talk to each other, or someone
> representing some process that had 3% of professional Web Developers in
> Russia
> who decided to take a binding vote on their preferred outcome...

Sure.

At the time of writing, the poll[1] I started has 4 votes on
getElementsBySelector and 0 votes on getElementListBySelector (and 1 vote
on each of the short names).

On IM the other day, Ben 'Cerbera' Millard said:

> getElementBySelector(), getElementsBySelector() - seem the most sensible
> to me
> kinda consitant with DOM naming

I've probably forgot some other guy, however so far I haven't heard anyone
prefer getElementListBySelector.

[1] http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454192

Regards,
--