[XHR] empty passwords

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap-carbon@rambler.ru>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:32:05 +0300
To: <public-webapi@w3.org>

Hi!

  According to the current XMLHttpRequest draft, null, missing and empty
password arguments to open() are treated identically - user agents must act
as if the relevant data is not provided.

  This means that there is no way to programmatically provide an empty
password. From my tests, it seems like this is Firefox behavior, but not IE7
one (I could successfully send requests with empty passwords without user
interaction).

  Ability to provide empty passwords sounds like a useful bit of
functionality to have.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov