Re: Fwd: minor clarifications to ProgressEvent

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:11:52 -0500, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
wrote:

> * Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>> For the namespaceURI parameter to initProgressEventNS (actually, to all
>> the initXXXEventNS methods): is it legal for this parameter to be null?
>> I think this needs to be clarified: is there an expectation that if the
>> namespace is null the non-NS init method should be used? Or is it valid
>> to provide a null value for the namespace parameter in the NS init
>> method? In Event::initEventNS the description of the namespaceURI
>> parameter says that it should be null if there is no namespace, but that
>> clarification does not show up in most of the other event type parameter
>> descriptions. In particular, it does not show up in initProgressEventNS,
>> but I think that in general a single consistent answer should apply
>> across all of the various event types.
>
> As you point out, this is clear from the Event::initEventNS method, and
> in DOM Level 3 Events all similarily named methods simply defer to that
> method, as such I am not sure there is anything unclear here.

Yeah. We agreed to actually ask editors to say this in so many words (if
they
don't already) - e.g. that means I should clarify it in the Progress spec.

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com Try Opera 9.1 http://opera.com