Re: Selectors API naming

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> So the WG just discussed in a little over an hour a counter proposal to
> the current naming[1] and came up with:
>
>  * getElementBySelectors()
>  * getElementListBySelectors()
>
> I don't really like them. Supposedly I'm to edit the draft to reflect this...

Given that this discussion was done behind closed doors, and given that
there is certainly not consensus on this (the first reaction I saw on IRC
to this was "wow, those names suck!"), I think it is very disappointing to
see the working group override the editor on this. It sets a bad precedent
in the new world of public Web spec development.