Re: XHR: responseText encoding detection

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap-carbon@rambler.ru>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:43:25 +0300
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, <public-webapi@w3.org>

On 2/26/07 3:21 PM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> But should we really make it be like that? Once HTML5 is there we probably
> want .responseXML to work for text/html documents as well and we probably
> want the encoding to be derived the same way HTML5 specifies it should be
> derived.

  Another consideration: architecturally, it may be unwise to combine both

  For XML parsing, DOM3 Load (or another dedicated API) could provide much
more control. Obviously, we cannot remove responseXML from XMLHttpRequest,
but not adding more known formats sounds like a good idea to me.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov