Re: XMLHttpRequest for Last Call

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:33:58 +0100
To: "William J. Edney" <bedney@technicalpursuit.com>
CC: Sunava Dutta <sunavad@windows.microsoft.com>, public-webapi@w3.org

William J. Edney schrieb:
> Hi Sunava -
>
> It should be made clear that these methods work *only* with IE's
> 'ActiveX' http object. The new built-in IE7 'native XMLHttpRequest'

That's why I raised a bug report calling that a regression
(<https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?SiteID=136&FeedbackID=83800>,
not offline...)

> object has the following restrictions, according to the Microsoft website:
>
> - Limited to GET, POST and HEAD HTTP verbs
> - Limited to http:// or https:// protocols
> - Limited to same port, host and domain
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Bill

Well, even that information is incorrect - PROPFIND works (see
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2006May/0209.html>).

Best regards, Julian