[XHR] send() argument

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:25:00 +0100
To: public-webapi@w3.org

 From the section on XHR.send(data)

> data is not a DOMString or DocumentThe stringification mechanisms of the
> host language must be used on
> data and the result must be treated as if data is a DOMString.

A nice feature in Opera's implementation is that you can pass any Node to
send, and Opera sends the serialisation. I think that is very useful and
really wouldn't like it to be made nonconformant by the spec.

Example:

client.open('POST', 'foo.cgi');
client.send( document.getElementById('bar') );

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen
Core QA JavaScript tester, Opera Software