Re: [selectors-api] Selectors API comments: section 2.1

* Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>* What is the expected behavior of lookupNamespaceURI when a null
>DOMString is passed in?  Should it match the behavior when an empty
>string is passed in?

A bug report would be the appropriate course of action, since it is
incorrect to call the method with null as argument (null is not a
namespace name and you have to pass the empty string for the default
namespace).

>* The text "it MUST do either of the following" at the end of the second
>paragraph after the interface definition would be better written as "it
>MUST do one of the following".

Could you explain why that would be better? Looking at the text, it
seems this would be better written as "MUST do: ...".

>* It's not clear what "similar constructs" means in the phrase "and
>other languages that allow similar constructs".  Does this mean
>"first-class functions", or something else?

I would suggest to remove this remark.

>* It should be clarified that if the NSResolver is a Function, invoking
>the function with a single string argument should replace calling the
>lookupNamespaceURI method.  I believe the DOM Level 2 Events ECMAScript
>bindings for EventListener have some language that could be reused here.

(They don't.)

>* I'm not sure what the "or does not return a DOMString" text in the "To
>resolve namespace prefixes" paragraph means.  Does this mean that if,
>say, an ECMAScript an object with a toString() method is returned this
>method must not be invoked and instead the namespace should be treated
>as unresolvable?

That is my reading. Is that simply unclear because one might have some
other expectation?