[XHR] HTTP Redirect procedures

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 21:12:12 +0000
To: public-webapi@w3.org

The spec currently says:

If the redirect does not violate security (it is same-origin for
instance) or infinite loop precautions and the scheme is supported
transparently follow the redirect and go to the start of this step.

What is "this step" referring to? This is unclear when first reading
it. I have, after thinking about it for a while, concluded that it is
referring to step 8, though my initial thought was that "this step"
was the HTTP redirect option, which would have the consequence of
contradicting the "otherwise".

Geoffrey Sneddon