Re: [XHR] send doesnít explain what to do when method is GET

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 11:54:41 -0600
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: public-webapi@w3.org

Julian Reschke wrote:
> It's also inappropriate to require implementations not to send the body
> when HTTP allows it. So how about staying silent about it?

Let me just recap the start of this thread:

Laurens Holst sent
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapi/2007Dec/0008.html>, which
raises the question of what the XHR spec should specify for cases when data is
passed to send().  In particular, it wants to explicitly specify the behavior.

I asked:  "Is it conforming for a UA to drop the body for GET requests?" in the
context of this situation.

Bjoern Hoehrmann answered: "Not as far as I can tell."

That to me implies that the XHR spec is requiring the sending of entity-bodies
with GET requests.  All I'm asking for is that the spec not make such a requirement.

-Boris