Re: [XHR] send doesn’t explain what to do when method is GET

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 15:28:46 +0100
To: Laurens Holst <lholst@students.cs.uu.nl>
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org

* Laurens Holst wrote:
>The send method on the XMLHttpRequest object doesn’t explain what to do
>when the XMLHttpRequest object has been opened with the GET method, and
>data is passed to the send method.

That same as would happen with a different method; while this is not
always conforming, all requests can have a body, and my recollection is
the Working Group decided to give no special treatment to GET requests.
If you want the request to have no body, you have to pass nothing or
null to the send method.