Re: progress events and error

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:27:07 +1000
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, public-webapi@w3.org

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:15:50 +1000, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Looking at the new progress event spec it looks great. I don't
> understand why it requires that 'loadstart' and 'progress' be fired
> before error though. For example if the requested uri can't even be
> parsed as a real uri it seems sensible to fire an error event right away
> and abort without doing any further processing.

Wouldn't that depend on the situation? With XMLHttpRequest for instance if
the URI can't be parsed you'd get a SYNTAX_ERR and never arrive here. The
error event is only thrown for network errors. (Similarly, the load event
is dispatched if everything went ok.) I think you do want at least one
loadstart and progress event before that event though.