Re: XMLHttpRequest test suite suggestion

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:37:12 -0500
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> You can't use "apply" with "new". What part of the spec says you can?

I haven't been able to find the part of the spec that addresses this at all.  So
the question could also be posed as "What part of the spec says you can't?"  And
apply is just an example; I don't know enough about the twisty details of ECMA
to figure out what all else could be done to transplant functions; every time I
think I've seen it all someone posts another security exploit that uses parts of
ECMA I've never heard of in weird ways.  ;)

Again, my real issue is that the attempt at "definition" that currently exists
in the XMLHttpRequest spec doesn't make it clear what the terms it's using mean.

-Boris