Re: Excessive techno-babble

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:29:40 +0900, Trace Bond <tbond@ctv.ca> wrote:

> w3.org (specificly, the "Web API Working Group" content which I've just
> spent an hour puzzling over) suffers from excessive techno-babble.
>
> Can't the objectives and activity of the "Web API Working Group" be
> described in simple clear language?

To be frank, I don't know. I would describe it as "agreeing on and
describing interfaces so you can write software for the web". And then I
would write a couple more pages. And then I would spend a few days trying
to turn them back into a couple of paragraphs with pointers to more
information. If I had more time.

As Björn said, knowing which things are difficult would help prioritising
them. The mail list is hardest and I would be surprised if that is ever
achieved. The specifications, the group's pages, can be worked on.
Specific suggestions are always welcome, of course.

Bear in mind that "simple" and "clear" are words which have wildly
different meanings to different people...

cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com