Re: XMLHttpRequest: Why list HTTP method names

Anne van Kesteren schrieb:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:42:18 +0200, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> I'd like to add that one of the reasons for talking about this at all
>> is to *prevent* people from only supporting GET/HEAD/POST .-)
>
> We can test the statements in the specification in the testsuite. As
> mentioned, I don't think it's appropriate for XMLHttpRequest to say
> which methods have to be supported.

I think it's wise to clarify that in order to support *all* methods, an
implementation just needs to obey the transmission requirements defined
in RFC2616 -- which are the *same* for every method (even extensions),
with exception of HEAD and possibly CONNECT.

What I really don't want to see are implementations restricted to GET
and POST that don't even get HEAD right.

Best regards, Julian