XHR and document.xmlEncoding

From: Alexey Proskuryakov <ap-carbon@rambler.ru>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:00:08 +0300
To: public-webapi@w3.org

Hi!

   The current XMLHttpRequest draft says that when a Document is being sent,
"it MUST be serialized using the encoding given by data.xmlEncoding, if
specified and supported, or UTF-8 otherwise."

   However, I'm not seeing this behavior in Firefox 2 - it seems to always
encode sent documents as UTF-8. Is this something that has been already
discussed, and decided in favor of the new behavior? I'm feeling somewhat
reluctant to break Firefox compatibility (WebKit didn't support xmlEncoding
before, and thus also encoded documents as UTF-8).

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov