Re: ISSUE-102: CSS selectors for namespace prefixes

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:21:57 +0100, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
wrote:
>> FWIW, the current editor's draft says that user agents must pass the
>> prefix argument lowercased (A-Z becomes a-z) to the lookupNamespaceURI
>> method of the NSResolver object or ECMAScript function. This should
>> solve this issue.
>>
>> (This solution has been proposed by and discussed with at least two
>> members of the CSS WG.)
>
> Instead, should selectors say that the case-sensitivity of namespace
> prefixes is determined by the case-sensitivity of the language in
> which they were declared?  This would mean that selectors in CSS,
> where the prefixes are declared with @namespace, are
> case-insensitive, but other uses of selectors might have
> case-sensitive namespace prefixes.

I will update the Selectors API to reflect any relevant changes the CSS WG
makes to the Selectors specification. I'm pretty much indifferent at this
point to what should be done though.