Re: XMLHttpRequest and network errors

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 05:12:09 -0800
To: "Alexey Proskuryakov" <ap-carbon@rambler.ru>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 03:06:12 -0800, Alexey Proskuryakov
<ap-carbon@rambler.ru> wrote:
> [...]
>
> However, my tests show that WinIE and Firefox both raise exceptions for
> sync requests when network errors occur (actually, Firefox sometimes
> does that even for async requests). Was this intentionally omitted from
> the draft?

http://www.w3.org/mid/op.td4oz40664w2qv@id-c0020.oslo.opera.com says the
answer to that would be yes. I remember having tested this for "infinite"
redirects and perhaps timeout and made the decision based on that. But
that was for async requests.

I'd rather not have too many differences between async and sync, but I
guess this one might be needed for interoperability.