Re: The url parameter of the XMLHttpRequest.open() method

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:32:40 +0100
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "Web APIs WG (public)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:58:25 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
>> If you want to be compatible with IE for this, what you should check is
>> what happens if the base URI is _changed_ while the XMLHttpRequest
>> object exists, e.g. by changing the attribute directly or by mutating
>> the <base> elements in the document (if that works).

I just tested this. Internet Explorer indeed takes note of of changes to
<base>. (Either changing .href or adding a <base> element.) Ouch!

This means that resolving of the URI has to happen on invoking send() I
suppose using the then current base URI (where to find that base URI
should be the same).

Does anyone see any potential problems with this?