Re: ISSUE-29: how is uri parameter of the open() method resolved

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> What we resolved for ISSUE-29 is that the XHR object has an intrinsic
>> property holding Window.document.baseURI from the Window it was
>> created in.
>
> How is that defined?  Say if I do:
>
>   var xmlHttp = new window.opener.XMLHttpRequest();
>
> which window was the request created in?

The intrinsic property will have the value of
window.opener.document.baseURI. I.e. the window whose constructor is
used is the window which is used to grab the baseuri.

> I assume that there are testcases somewhere checking what IE does in
> these various circumstances?

Yes, we used the testcase attached to
http://www.w3.org/mid/441E69F1.2030709@sicking.cc

/ Jonas