Re: XMLHttpRequest.abort()

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:51:51 +0100
To: "Web APIs WG \(public\)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

"Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>
On 5/17/06, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com> wrote:
>> The answer is surely nothing in respect to any of those things, there is
>> no
>> reason why cancelling a single request should have any effect on things
>> which persists beyond a single request.
>
>I agree, but I'm interested in what does happen more than what should
>happen.
>
>But ok, I'll do some testing once I can setup an SSH session that
>lasts more than a couple of minutes...

In a quick and dirty test the simple case where no response from the server
had been made, the existing cookies and auth credentials are unchanged.

I guess the more complicated tests of what happens when you abort after the
headers have arrived and cookies have been sent - are they updated etc. need
to be done.

Cheers,

Jim.